Hilariously wry social commentary, delivered as a guide to modern manners; in hardcover for the first time, with gold spot gloss on the jacket, plum Judgey Pops across the endpapers, and the tour de force bonus essay “We Didn’t Do Better”
In this hilarious book of essays, comedian, activist, and hugely popular culture blogger Luvvie Ajayi inspires us to good behavior, one sharp and funny side-eye at a time.
The go-to source for bracingly smart takes on pop culture at her enormously popular blog AwesomelyLuvvie.com, she has also become a bulwark of good humor and crucial common sense at what can seem a common sense-free time. I’m Judging You dissects our cultural obsessions and calls out bad behavior in our increasingly digital, connected lives. With a lighthearted, rapier wit and a unique perspective, it’s the handbook the world needs now, doling out the hard truths and a road map for bringing some “act right” to our popular culture, social media, and our lives.
PAPERBACK PUBLISHED 9/13/16
HARDCOVER RELEASED 11/21/17
• #1 Washington Post Bestseller
• USA Today Bestseller
• Goodreads Choice Awards Finalist
• Redbook “20 Books By Women You Must Read this Fall”
• GoodHousekeeping “17 New Best New Books This Fall”
• BookRiot “100 Must-Read Hilarious Books”
• Winner of the 2017 Audie Award for Humor
Order I’m Judging You
“This truth-riot of a book gives us everything from hilarious lectures on the bad behavior all around us to razor-sharp essays on media and culture. With I’m Judging You, Luvvie brilliantly puts the world on notice that she is not here for your foolishness – or mine.”
– Shonda Rhimes (author of Year of Yes and executive producer of Scandal and Grey’s Anatomy)
Press for I’m Judging You
- Luvvie Ajayi: The Internet’s Newest Comic Phenom • The New York Times
- Started From the Blog, Now We’re Here: When Shonda Rhimes Wants to Turn Your Book Into a TV Show, Let Her • TheRoot.com
- Luvvie Ajayi Made Herself a Best-Selling Author. Here’s How • Inc.
- Shondaland To Develop Luvvie Ajayi’s Book “I’m Judging You” As Cable Series • Deadline
- Luvvie Ajayi Offers Up Some “Act-Right” in New Book “I’m Judging You” • Chicago Tonight
- 10 books I loved and learned from in 2016 • Chicago Tribune
- Best-selling author Luvvie Ajayi talks debut book, “I’m Judging You: The Do-Better Manual” • Good Morning Washington
- Luvvie Ajayi Talks Debut Book & Dismisses “Microwave Fame” • NewsOne Now
- Blogger Luvvie Ajayi Is Judging You With Her New Book • NPR
- Luvvie Ajayi Is Judging Us All In Her New Book And We’re Thankful For It • Huffington Post
- A Side-Eye Manifesto • Chicago Magazine?
- Chicago’s Luvvie Ajayi is “Judging You,” and it’s painfully hilarious • Chicago Tribune
- Author Luvvie Ajayi on Life and her New Book: I’m Judging You • NBCBLK
- 17 Best New Books to Read This Fall • GoodHousekeeping.com
- Blogger Luvvie Ajayi On Your Foibles And Why They’re Funny • WBEZ Morning Shift
- 100 Must-Read Hilarious Books • BookRiot
- Luvvie Ajayi Is Only Judging You Because She Wants You to Do Better • TheRoot.com
- Luvvie Ajayi is Judging You • Talk to Jess podcast
- I’M JUDGING YOU: A Conversation with Luvvie • #MyTaughtYou?podcast
- The 14 Nonfiction Titles You Just HAVE to Read • PopSugar
- 20 Books By Women You Must Read This Fall • Redbook Magazine
- Kirkus Reviews
- Publisher’s Weekly
Is there an "I'm Judging You" audiobook?
Yes, there is an I’M JUDGING YOU audiobook and you can order it from Audible now! I read it myself.
I don't live in the United States. Will I be able to get a physical copy?
I have a large international readership so I’m working on a definitive answer for this! But some of the bookstores that carry it ship internationally, like Barnes & Noble. Amazon also does. Canadians, you’re all good too. You can buy the Kindle version too!
That lollipop on the cover is adorable! Is it real?
Can I bulk order books for my book club or event?
Yes, you can certainly place a bulk order for the books. Email my team at [email protected]!
About the Author
Her debut book (I’M JUDGING YOU: The Do-Better Manual) was released to critical acclaim, hitting the New York Times bestselling list at #5. Her second book,Professional Troublemaker: The Fear-Fighter Manual, is slated to be released in 2021.
A 17-year blogging veteran, Luvvie writes on her site, AwesomelyLuvvie.com, covering all things culture with a critical yet humorous lens. That same razor sharp voice spurred her wildly popular TED talk “Get Comfortable with being uncomfortable” to over 5 million views. She’s an internationally recognized speaker who takes on dozens of stages every year around the globe, and has spoken at some of the world’s most innovative companies and conferences, including Google, Facebook, Amazon, Twitter, MAKERS, and SXSW.
Luvvie connects with her audience through her curated social network, LuvvNation, where she is the go-to source for elevated conversations about all things buzzworthy. It serves as a safe space in a dumpster fire world.
She hosts a podcast called Rants & Randomness where she shares her most pressing rants, raves and faves while interviewing some of the most interesting people you know (and some you might not).
She has received numerous accolades including being chosen by Oprah Winfrey as part of her inaugural SuperSoul100 list as someone who “elevates humanity.” Her alma mater, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, honored her with the Outstanding Young Alumni Award and the Council of Urban Professionals presented her with their Breakthrough Award. Her work has been featured in outlets such as The New York Times, NPR, Forbes, Inc, Fortune, Essence, Chicago Tribune and more.
Born in Nigeria, bred in Chicago and comfortable everywhere, Luvvie enjoys laying around in her plush robe, eating a warm bowl of jollof rice in her free time. Her love language is shoes.